Thursday, April 18, 2013

Picking Up Where I Left Off



Hello!

I know that it's a bit strange, but I like greeting anyone who would be reading this. Greetings make you feel welcome, and hopefully you will feel welcomed in reading my blog. Kick you shoes off, and you know, stay a while.

A couple of things have been going on since I last posted (like a month ago!). I know, I know... I'm a slacker with my blog posts, but at least I've been slacking for legit reasons. I will try to fit in more entries than just once a month. Who wants to read something once a month anyway?

  • I have restarted C25K and I'm about 2 runs away from where I stopped last time. I am horrible, but I think I'm actually getting marginally less horrible at it. Who would have thunk?
  • I signed up for a 5K in June! I'm pretty excited that I'm making myself do it and my other half signed up, too.  He could run circles around me, but he is also the one who helps me push myself. He takes classes at another gym when I run, so hopefully I'll just get really good at it and he'll be somewhat surprised!
  • One of my best gals got engaged and asked me to be in her wedding. I think I might pop over to Ruffles With Love's website and pick up one of these cute thangs.
  • My best friend gave me her extra FitBit (thanks, Lauren!) and it's been making me more aware of just how sedentary my lifestyle can be. Being able to see how many steps I have taken is making me more motivated to get my body moving. Seriously I was literally jogging around the house thinking "Who the eff is this person? It's surely not the old me!" I love that it syncs up to My Fitness Pal for calorie adjustments, too.
  • I've been weighing myself more regularly. Maybe I will have to start taking pictures of my scale to do a "Weight In Wednesday" type of thing on my blog like Tara has over on her blog. Think Thin Thursdays? Before I screw it all up over the weekend? My scale has been floating around the same 3 numbers, so it hasn't been worth posting. You would be as bored and disappointed as I was. I should leave it up to Instagram Land to hold me accountable. The fitness bloggers that I follow on there are crazy inspirational. I've never met so many positive people who help me want to make myself better. Putting yourself into the right mindset and surrounding yourself with the best environment is 90% of what determines how you will accomplish your goals.  Eating right and moving your ass is the other 9%. (What is statistical data without a count for margin of error?)
  • Someone made me send them a #flexbreak picture.... Now I guess I really have to start working on my muscles now, huh?

Thanks for reading my blog, I understand that not everyone will like the "list-type" approach but ironically that's really how I run my life. If it's not on a mental checklist, it's on paper. That way I can cross things off and feel accomplished. Next time I'll try to throw in some extra products I use and what I consider to be my favorites at the moment. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I get an Influenster box in the mail soon. Then I can hopefully rave about the product(s) that they send me!


Stay lovely,
 -Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment