Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Moving Away, In More Than One Way

Hello!

I know it's been a while... More like a little over a month, to be exact! Fortunately, I wasn't just sitting around this whole time, many things have changed since last months blog post.

  • I moved. Thus lending myself to some scheduling changes and some pure exhaustion. Moving is a pain in the ass, no matter how you slice it.
  • I weighed myself again. After being pleasantly surprised damn near giving myself a heart attack (which at my weight seems like a real possibility these days), I realized that I need to get back into good habits. This being said: No more terrible fast food, no more guessing at portion sizes, no more sitting on my ass. Period.
  • I got a gym membership. I was doing really well before I moved because we had a gym in our loft building. I vowed to start running outside once we moved, and I was actually looking forward to it. I finally live someplace where I can run outside and enjoy the fresh air (read: not get jumped by hoodlums). Unfortunately, no sooner did we move that the weather took a definite turn for the worst. We have since had insane amounts of rain, extreme low temperatures, and a few serious snows all within this past month. Working outside wasn't working out. Surprisingly, for the first time in my life, I'm actually motivated to get up and move my body instead of watching my DVR and eating Doritos on the couch.
  • I'm changing my habits.  I've started using MyFitnessPal again and I'm tracking my foods as well as exercise routine. I've already started trying to mentally plan meals for the week before I go to the store. Then I jot down a little game plan as to what to use when, usually according to what I can use up before it goes bad. This house is stocked full of healthy food now. (Besides those damn Girl Scout Cookies that showed up months after I forgot about ordering them!) I'm making some great meals and then before I sit down to cry at the Biggest Loser eat, I will package up my lunch for the next day. I know as soon as I hit that leather sofa it. is. not. happening.  The upside is that it's making my morning routine way easier since I'm not scrambling to prepare for the day and I'm finding time to make reasonable breakfasts.  Oh yeah, and it's helping me save money for my Kiki La'Rue addiction piggy bank.
Things are looking up this week -- Daylight Savings Time ain't got nothing on this girl! But seriously, I should probably go to bed so that I can attempt to hit the gym around 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Stay Lovely,
 -Jenn 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure we need to me MFP friends! What's your user name.

    ReplyDelete